When it comes to flooring, there are many options available for you. One of the most popular is polished concrete floors. This article will talk about 5 reasons that polished concrete floors are a versatile flooring option and why they should be seriously considered by all businesses and homeowners alike.
Why Are Polished Concrete Floors A Versatile Flooring Option?
Polished concrete floors are a versatile flooring option because they can be used in several different scenarios. Here is a list of just some of the uses for polished concrete:
– manufacturing facilities
– distribution centers
– retail stores
– salons and spas
– grocery stores, restaurants, bars, hotels, and other businesses
– homes and garages
They provide safety, durability, easy maintenance, comfort underfoot and they reduce or eliminate efflorescence. Our process provides the lowest-cost flooring option over the life cycle of the product.
The process of polishing concrete floors is fast and the material cost is low, which makes diamond polished floors very affordable for your business or home renovation project. You also reduce efflorescence by using our diamond grinding method because there are no harsh chemicals used in this process. This flooring option has many benefits over other products on the market.
Diamond polished floors are easy to maintain, comfortable underfoot and they can be used in many different environments. Many businesses choose this product because it provides safety for their employees while also being durable enough to suit the needs of the company’s business activities. Polished concrete is a versatile flooring option that makes an excellent choice for any business or home renovation project.
If you are looking for low-maintenance flooring at a great value, polished concrete is the right choice for your business or home renovation project.
What Makes Surface Renew Floors So Appealing?
- Low Maintenance: Polished concrete floors require a little preparation and then a once-a-month or so application of a sealer or a sealant to keep the floor from being stained by water, animal urine, and other substances. That’s all. No waxing, polishing, stripping, or washing is required.
- Vinyl-Like Appearance: Unlike many other types of commercial floors that need maintenance waxing every couple of months to make them shiny, polished concrete can be left with its natural matte finish for years without having to worry about the surface becoming scratched and worn-looking over time.
- Sure Footing: Compared to hardwood plank floors which can become very slippery when dampened, polished concrete floors do not get slippery when wet, making them an ideal flooring choice for restaurants and homes with pets.
The Advantages Of Using Polished Concrete In Your Home Or Business
Our finishing methods are an attractive and modern addition to any home or office. They offer many advantages over other flooring options, including the following:
No Dust – With other types of flooring, wood, or carpeting, for example, dust can collect in the fibers and be carried around by traffic. That is not the case with polished concrete. This type of floor is very low maintenance; every day cleaning requirements are only vacuuming, mopping, or sweeping.
No Maintenance – You can just wash your polished concrete with a hose for a quick refresh. There’s no need to apply sealants like waxes or polyurethane which makes it more difficult to clean later on.
Very Efficient – Polished concrete is very water efficient, which means it can be used in kitchens and bathrooms without the fear of damaging your floor. The polished surface is resistant to water penetration.
Beautiful – Diamond polished floors are available in a variety of colors including gray, black and white as well as more vibrant shades like blue or green. Because they come from factory lines rather than being hand-laid, they tend to be consistent and solid.
Versatile – We can install polished concrete either indoors or outdoors, the only difference being that outdoor floors should have a waterproof coating applied before installation. They can also withstand heavy foot traffic unlike other types of flooring like wood, which will dent over time if too much weight is put on them or object are dropped on the surface.
How To Maintain Polished Concrete Over The Life Cycle Of The Product?
It is important to maintain polished concrete floors to avoid problems later on. In this article, we’ll talk about how you can properly maintain your polished concrete floor for your lifetime.
- Remove dirt and blemishes from the surface of the floor regularly with a gentle detergent and water mix. For dust and debris, a simple dust mop daily is perfect!
- Annual Maintenance: In a commercial setting, we come in annually to protect against scratches and other damage that can occur to a concrete floor by putting guard on your floor and shining up your finish.
- 3. Wet Mop: periodically wet mop your floor with a neutral pH cleaner. Regular, gentle cleaning will be more effective at keeping your floors looking show room ready every day!
Is Polished Concrete Slippery?
Polished concrete is not slippery. It has a natural non-slip surface that feels smooth to the touch and can be easily cleaned. It provides excellent traction for people, pets, and even vehicles when wet or dry!
Is Polished Concrete Durable?
Yes, it’s extremely durable because of its strong chemical resistance properties. This makes it a very practical choice for areas that are prone to breakage, damage, or high traffic.
Is Polished Concrete Radiant?
Yes! Polished concrete can be used as a radiant flooring surface under tile and other types of covering material because it’s able to absorb heat from appliances such as water boilers. This makes polished concrete an efficient way to heat and cool your home.
Is Polished Concrete Long-Lasting?
Absolutely! Polished concrete is a very low-maintenance flooring surface that can last for years without any need to be refinished or resealed. It’s also resistant to stains, chemicals, saltwater damage, mold/mildew growth, fading from UV rays exposure, and fading from oxidation. This makes it ideal for areas that are exposed to light, heat, or high humidity levels over time.
Polished concrete floors are a versatile flooring option. They have many advantages and can be used in residential or commercial settings, as well as outdoor areas such as patios and pool decks.
The surface is durable enough to withstand high traffic from people or pets but still looks elegant. You will never need to worry about dust getting tracked into the home because polished concrete doesn’t collect it as other materials do.
In terms of maintenance, you don’t need to seal the coating every few years either because it lasts for decades without any upkeep at all! If you’re looking for an easy-to-clean floor that won’t show dirt and grime too much after time goes by, then this material may be perfect for you.